Friday, August 27, 2010

Birthday Wishes - It's For all the Marbles (or Bellas)

Stamping Bella were one of my first-bought stamps (not at a paper crafting event) - and I was super excited when looking through all of them at Stamp Fanci in Pittsburgh. I remember Belinda saying non-chalantly "They also carry Stamping Bellas" and all I remembered doing was dropping the gems I was ogling into my basket to move on to better and bigger things. It was really hard not to walk home with all of them, but I left with cakeabella, presentahbella, beerafella, jammybella, kittycattabella, and mwahbella with words. The rest is history. Did I mention it was Belinda (my dear Bleu Bella) that first introduced me to them?

So Em's Bellarific Babes are on the lookout to add to their babe count. And I have been diligently inking up my first obsessions. My Bellas definitely needed an excuse to party more. This week's Bellarific Friday theme: anything, just give them your bestest shot at a card.


Birthday Wishes
Stamps: cakeabella (Stamping Bella); Fancy Phrases, Very Vintage Labels No. 4 (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper: Paper Basics Card Stock - Dark Chocolate, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)

Ink: Earth Elements - Chocolate Chip (Stamping Up!); Pigment - Black (Colorbox)
Embellishments: Jewel (Memory Box); Creative Candy - Pretty Pearls: pink (Amuse); Nestabilities - Small Labels (Spellbinders); Softcore Colored Pencils - PC942 Yellow Ochre, PC946 Dark Brown, PC929 Pink, PC935 Black (Prismacolor); Double-ended Art Markers - Goldenrod

I'm not sure if this is the bestest, but I wanted to do a birthday card and had someone in mind for this. And it came out the bestest composed card for this very dear person.

I have been itching to make a window card again. So a circle was cut out using my trusty Nestabilities to allow cakebella to peek through. 
The rest of the card is scored in a diamond pattern, and each intersecting line has a little pearl.

Since the candle was hiding I had to add a little bling to bring that out. I also wanted to play with flock again for the cake, and I believe it came out a lot nicer. The key is loads of glue surface. Just when you think you have enough glue, add more for some good measure. And then dump half the flock and squish, squish, squish it together. The more compact, the fluffier, the better!


Birthday Wishes

This reminds me of the scene in "Despicable Me" where Agnes says "It's so fluffy, I'm going to die!" If you're giving me blank look, check this youTube clip out. Now do you remember? Wait -- you haven't watched "Despicable Me"? Then why are you still reading this blog post? Go, hurry, run and find the next movie theater and drag your kids - and yes, a must in 3D! You'll be rolling in laughter 'til your sides will ache with stitches.

Anyways - back to the card. Now that I think of it - it's a very girly card. Bling, Pearls and Pink.

So, here is wondering if my entries are worthy of a shot at being the next Bella Baberooni. I certainly had fun pushing myself to try something new. And if not this time, maybe next time!


1 comment:

Kathi said...

Those are all way too fun, but the fluffy-frosted/iced cake is my favorite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails