Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Little Brother

Happy Birthday, Lil' Bro! My brother isn't really that little anymore. He has graduated college, and is a working man! Part of the big, real world - the kind with bills, a job with benefits, and other fun, new responsibilities. My first response after he broke the great news to everyone at home of his new job was "Have you set up your 401K account?" Poor boy.

Anyways - regardless how grown-up he is, he will always be my little brother. The only difference is that I can gift him a card that isn't PG-13 anymore ;) His true loves? Good food, good beer, anything electronic and gadgety.

So the most appropriate stamp to pull out? Beerafella. In addition, the next Bellarific Friday theme has the following sketch

Birthday cards must be fun and colorful. And while looking through my pattern paper stash, I remember my trusty Cosmos Cricket pad. So, here is what Beerafella & I came up with:

Happy Birthday
Stamps: Beerafella (Stamping Bella), Wonderfully Whimsical (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Paper Basics Card Stock - White (Papertrey Ink); Boyfriend (Cosmo Cricket); Basic Card Stock - Cream (Recollections)

Ink: Earth Elements - Creamy Caramel, Not Quite Navy (Stamping Up!); Tea Dye Duo - Chamomile (Papertrey Ink), Momento - Summery Sky (Tsukineko)
Embellishments: General Purpose Thread - Grey (Coats & Clark); Flock - White (Stampendous!); Nestabilities - Small Labels (Spellbinders); Softcore Colored Pencils - PC924 Crimson Red, PC911 Olive Green, PC939 Peach, PC1027 Peon Peacock, PC946 Dark Brown (Prismacolor)


My fun element was to flock the outline of the clouds with my newly acquired flock.

Happy Birthday
Improvements can definitely be made, since the flock looks a little whimpy for the manly card this was suppose to be. More adhesive and loads more compacting down the clouds. But this might quickly become a fun favorite texture embellishment.

Have you played with flock? What are your favorite uses?

1 comment:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Ren-Yi! I am sure your lil brother will get a kick out of it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails