Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wendy, the Friendly Neighborhood Witch

Have you met Wendy? She is my favorite witch, but don't tell Wanda (or is her name Winnie?) Perhaps Claire can help clear up my confusion...

The point really is that I played along in this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and I liked the simplicity of it. I will let you judge, but I bet you will agree.

So Wendy wanted to sparkle, and she told me that she loves pink. Sweet Wendy, therefore, got her wish.
Happy Halloween
Stamps: Midnight Feast, Victorian Fripperie (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper: Paper Basics Card Stock - Black (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko)
Embellishments: Stamp 'n Stuff Embossing Powder Clear - Detail (Stampendous!), Gemstones (Hero Arts), Essential Color Glitter Set - Kunzite (Martha Stewart)

Now, I do have a question for you snazzy photo experts. I have most of my other card taking figured out (proven by the less crappier pictures taken lately). But with Wendy over here, I had a heck of a time getting pictures of the black card stock and the clear embossing. 

Happy Halloween

I took the picture in the same halogen-lit room and adjust the lighting on my camera; I tried soft-yellow light bulbs and adjusted the lighting on my camera; I tried indirect light; but my card always came out light gray, funky, no embossing, way too dark. So I opted to take a little stool into the garden and take a picture of Wendy during the day. This is the best I could do. But what disturbs me is that it's not a true black. The real card looks so much richer and darker. 

For the record, I have a Canon Powershot SD1300 IS. Any and all advice very much appreciated.

9 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love the touches of pink on this and fun Wanda riding in the middle! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week Ren-Yi!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a darling Halloween card Ren-Yi! The embossing looks fabulous & I love your addition of rhinestones! Thank you for playing along with the WMSC :)

MarkerGeek said...

Photographing black can be tricksy.

Your card is GORGEOUS though, love it! Midnight Feast is one of the sets I just got, so thank you for the inspiration! :D

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...this is amazing. I just love Halloween and cards like this reminds me how much I'm looking forward to it! Well done!

Nicole said...

Wooo Hooo! I love the card!
I love Halloween!

XX,

Nicole

Clare said...

LOVE this, so simple and elegant!

Tere Azua said...

Love it Ren-Yi!!!
The touches of pink really add something veru special to the card!

Lenet said...

I love the grey, black and pink combination. Beautiful card
thanks for playing with us at WMSC

Genevieve said...

Wow! Wanda looks fab! Great card :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails