Friday, June 24, 2011

Celebrate Foreverness

June is the month of weddings, and the rule seem to apply to my social calendar - two weddings within three weeks. One was even in Europe. I'll share pictures when I get all of their permission :) I promise...

So when Scrap Our Stash's June Challenge was to use Something new, Something old, Something borrowed, Something blue, I was really happy to hear the wedding theme.


For my card, I used new, blue cardstock from PTI, an old (but favorite) Waltzingmouse stamp set, and the idea to use that stamp set on a wedding card was borrowed from a friend. Ok, I realize I'm stretching that last bit, but you'll let me get away with it, right? ;)


Celebrate Foreverness
Stamps: (Big Blooms - Chrysanthemums, Say It Loud) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Spring Rain, True Black) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Memento - London Fog) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder - Silver; Perfect Pearls - Perfect Pearl) Ranger; (Tiny Twinkles) Taylored Expressions


I wanted to mimic background paper with a metallic sheen, and thought to stamp the chrysanthemums in grey outline, but brush the solid flowers with some pearls.

Celebrate Foreverness

Lastly, I decided to emboss the greeting and one of the chrysanthemums in embossed silver, to give it that extra wedding feel. It fits perfectly to this wedding's colors - heh, I would know, since I picked out the bridal bouquet & cake (among other things ;) A few more blue little gems and I call this done - simple & elegant.

Celebrate Foreverness

So, come join in on our Scrap Our Stash's June challenge. You have almost two weeks to throw something together that fits the theme. It does not have to be wedding-related. If you need more inspiration, check out the rest of the Design Team's work!

2 comments:

Laurie Marmon said...

Very pretty embossing on this card!

B said...

I really like the embossing and the shimmery look of this card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails