Thursday, July 7, 2011

[DYSU] Challenge #27 - Chipboard

This is my first week debuting as one of the new DT members on Do You Stack Up? (DYSU). We gals have already been chatting behind the scenes and making friends with one another. I already feel quite at home here with this bunch. To be honest, I feel so honored to be "stacking it up" with these girl and can only hope that I don't let them down. This talent pool is amazing. Make sure to stop by their blogs to check out the latest designs. So before we get started, I'm sure you guys are all curious to see what the theme is and what is at stake this week...


Yep - pull out those chipboards!

Our sponsors are:


I am featuring a Lili of the Valley digi. Here my inspiration for this week's chipboard theme.

Once Upon a Time...
Stamps: (Armchair Bear) Lili of the Valley
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Card Stock - Cream) Recollections; (Marcella K - Sophie Paper) K&Company; (Lemonade - Pink Fizz) Basic Grey
Ink: (Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versamark) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Fresh Chipboard Motif - Crown) Maya Roads; (Brenda Walton Grand Adhesion - BW Princess Tags) K&Company; (Glossy Accents) Ranger


I have a hard time incorporating chipboard onto my creations, because I don't usually create with it. I started this card by wanting to use this cute dimensional "Once Upon a Time..." sticker with this cute Armchair Bear. After coloring in the bears, I created a wallpaper with the pattern paper that I chose.

Once Upon a Time...

I happened to be digging through my stash, when I found some fun Maya Roads chipboard. Isn't the crown perfect for the princess-wanna-be? I paper pieced this with some yummy Basic Grey paper and added a layer of Glossy accents to give it shine and dimension. If you wanted to be a make-believe princess, would you wear this crown? ;)

Once Upon a Time...

Thanks to Lily of the Valley I got to play with some great digis. I hope you'll consider playing along, and don't forget to hop on over to the DYSU site to check out the rest of the DT's work. In the meantime, I want to hear which princess you always wanted to be as a kid... :)

12 comments:

Tenny Kusuma said...

Adorable card. TFS.

Miranda said...

Hi Ren Yi, I'm sure you won't let us down, that's not possible, because you make such lovely things.
This card is very gorgeous, love it
hugs
Miranda

Denise said...

Gorgeous card Ren Yi. Love the crown on the little bear - brilliant.
Hugs
Denise xx

WencheP said...

Love your coloring - it's fabulous! The crown makes a perfect detail. Welcome to our team!

Hugs,
Wenche

*Alison* said...

Oh I love this.. it is so sweet.. the pink crown ROCKS.. I love that idea.. :) I am so happy to have you on our DYSU DT :) HUGS
Alison
DYSU-Owner

Frances said...

Love this image, it's so sweet, and your design is very pretty, also your coloring. hugs, Frances.

Unknown said...

I love your card!! Love the colors and the crown is a super fun element. Hugs, Joan

Marcy said...

Super cute card, Ren Yi. Love the added crown!

Unknown said...

Ren-Yi, this is such a sweet card! I'm so glad to be working with you! ~Heather
Kurly-Q

Anonymous said...

Wow this is one sweet project, dear! This is really pretty Super cute card, your colouring coloring pictures to perfection, it looks charming.

Unknown said...

That's just so sweet. Glad to have you with us

Jennifer Lo said...

Reminds me of Charlie & Yogi bears.

luv, mama

Related Posts with Thumbnails