Thursday, October 6, 2011

[DYSU] Challenge #40 - Brown

This week at work has been super busy. I've been pulling the midnight oil and reminds me a little bit of the good old college days. I use to be in the computer cluster up until 3am or 4am, trying to finish some programming assignment. The only difference is that I was so much younger back then and was not phased by the many long night in a row and the little sleep. Forget the coffee, I was doing it with just sheer, stubborn will. Now I am just looking forward to the weekend and barely hanging on. What is your secret weapon to stay up?

So this week at DYSU, we have a fun challenge for you: Brown. I love the color Brown and the inspiration picture is just to die for!



This week I decided to push my comfort zone with this cute Copic Marker Scrapbooking digi. I don't usually do Shabby very well, but here is a go at it.

Tea & Cookies
Stamps: (Shabby Tea n Cookies Beary Wishes) Copic Marker Scrapbooking; (Flourishes - Scallops & Dots) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Dark Chocolate) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Card Stock - Cream) Recollection; (Porcelain) Basic Grey; (Papertrey Packaging pattern paper) Recycled
Ink: (Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo) Ranger
Embellishments: (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Life's Journey Ephemera Die Cut Cardstock) K&Company; (1/8" Ribbon - Pink) Spool 'o Ribbon; (Border Punch - Scalloped Sentiment) Fiskars; (Point 88) Stabilo


I managed to recycle the wrapper of the Papertrey Ink stamps packaging ;) I thought it had a nice brown border trim and added some brown faux stitching.

Tea & Cookies

Anyways, this is a short post. Time to return to work...

Go see what the girls have up their sleeves on the DYSU blog. And look out for new team members on our next challenge - just one more week from now.

Our sponsors this week:





Delicious Doodles
Winner's Choice of Four Digis





Copic Marker Scrapbooking
6 Copic Ciao Markers (North/South America)
Martha Stewart punch (rest of the world)




Crafty Emma
£10 voucher (excluding postage)

10 comments:

WencheP said...

This is such a fabulous card! Great job!

Hugs,
Wenche

Naomi said...

FABULOUS card, Ren-Yi! LOVE the colours, that DP, the LO, and that beautiful image! LOL, I know what you mean about getting older....when I was younger, I on occasion would go to work on 3 hours sleep and it barely phased me! Now, if I only get 6 or 7 hours sleep, I'm dying, lol...

Denise said...

My secret for staying up late - insomnia - LOL!!!
Gorgeous card Ren-Yi. Love the lace DP and the upcycled packaging.
Hugs
Denise xx

Lee said...

So soft and pretty. You did a great job with the shabby!

Frances said...

Great job RenYi
Love your design, papers and recycling idea!!
Hugs
Frances

Marcy said...

HAHA I can remember my college days and the "All-nighters." Now I can't wait till the 11 o'clock news comes on so I can go to sleep! Your card is beautiful, Ren-Yi. I love that you up-cycled the packaging.

Mary Jo said...

Menopause is my secret weapon to staying up-not that I want or need to! lol Your card is so pretty and feminine. Way to recycle-it is perfect for this card.

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Ren Yi love it, it's so cute, makes my long for a cup of tea right now
hugs
Miranda

Unknown said...

Lovely antique look

Unknown said...

Great card!! Very delicate. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails