Thursday, October 13, 2011

[DYSU] Challenge #41 - Scraps

[2011.10.14 Edit] I wanted to point out that our new DYSU members have started officially this week. So make sure to say hello and welcome to Jan & Mary. Since we share our projects upfront, I have had all the time to drool over their work already and I can already confirm that I'm a big fan of their work. We are so lucky to have their talent on-board the team and I'm looking forward to working with these gals :)

It's fall and I've been feeling the baking itch. I love fall cooking - it's a time for stews, soups, and lots of baking. So this past weekend I whipped up four loaves of banana bread and an chocolate ameretti cake for a special someone's birthday. My grandma, who is in town, also got her culinary on, and made her signature chicken curry, which is also the perfect fall food!

Before I drool over my keyboard, how about I tell you more about our DYSU challenge? We're trying to make use of our Scraps.



This week I got to play with a whimsical digi from Pink Cat Studios. I love this little tree. I also used our current Princess Dianne Papertrey Challenge as a color inspiration. She challenged us to use Red, her favorite color.

Hi
Stamps: (Dots & Delights Series: Pretty Birds in Trees) Pink Cat Studio
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Pure Poppy, True Black) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Card Stock - White) Recollection; (Summer Days) Echo Park
Embellishments: (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Glossy Accents) Rangers; (Baker's Twine - Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink; (Summer Days - Element Stickers, Alpha Stickers) Echo Park


A bunch of fun layers that are fresh - perhaps too fresh for this fall weather. But I thought the black & white on the digi made the bird stand out. I do like this Dots & Delights series - cute stuff, isn't it?

Hi

The Echo Park Alpha Stickers and Element Stickers are from my stash. I like the alpha stickers - they are just the right size for cards. Also, the black card stock is a scrap and I decided a post card is just as good as a card card :)

Hi

So how about hopping over to the DYSU blog to go see what the other girls are u to. I'm sure it's pretty easy to come play along on this challenge, since every has stash, right?!

Our sponsors this week:



Pink Cat Studio
Winner's Choice of 5 Digis



A Day For Daisies
$16 gift certificate


Just Some Lines
Just Some Lines $15 Gift Certificate for Digis

11 comments:

WencheP said...

Awesome card. Love how you have colored just one bird - very cool!

Hugs,
Wenche

Miranda said...

awesome card Ren Yi, love the way you coloured just 1 bird, it looks fabulous
hugs
Miranda

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your card with the one little red bird! So sweet!

Denise said...

Love the clean, simple design of this card. I too love how you have coloured just the one bird!!
Hugs
Denise xx

Unknown said...

REally, really pretty Ren-yi

Marcy said...

Really fabulous in its simplicity! Love it!

*Alison* said...

LOVE this.. the twine around the tree and the one red bird is wonderful :) hugs

LeroyLime said...

WOW factor with the twine, never would've thought of that!! Red is such a fun color to work with!

Lena B E said...

What a lovely card, very beautiful!
I love the image, it´s soo sweet. :)
Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog. :)
Hugs Lena

Mary Jo said...

I just love this card! It's fun, modern looking and fab!

Savagewakx said...

Really fabulous in its simplicity! Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails