Thursday, October 20, 2011

[DYSU] Challenge #42 - Trees

I'm currently sitting in a hotel room and realized that I forgot to pre-schedule this post for tomorrow. Thankfully being in Europe is getting a six hour head-start, if you're used to your US schedule... ;) This week we're playing with  Trees. Perfect way of honoring the fall weather that is quickly fading off...it's super cold here, and I am convinced that I didn't pack enough warm clothes for this trip.


This week I'm showcasing a Hope Jocare digi. It's my first time working with Claire Phillips work, and I am thoroughly enjoying them. The were easy to color in and are so cute and whimsy.

For a Friend
Stamps: (Treetop Houses) Hope Jocare; (Out of the Limbs Sentiments) Papertrey Ink
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Card Stock - Cream) Recollection; (Wisteria) Basic Grey
Ink: (Perfect Match Pigment Ink - Simply Chartreuse, Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink
Embellishments: (Soft-core Colorpencils) Prismacolor; (Point 88) Stabilo


I pretty much tried to take a watercolor, artsy-like method to the tree... Not sure if it looks too well-blended but I had fun coloring. It was my zen moment of the day...

For a Friend

This card deserves a nice quote on the bottom, and decided to stamp on a friendship sentiment. We don't send enough "just for fun" cards to tell our friends how much we appreciate them, right? Here an up close look on what it says...

For a Friend

Anyways, I'm off to go sleep now... Go hop along and see what the other creative girls on the DYSU blog have been up to. And make sure to play along...i am sure you have something in your stash that can resembles a tree!

Our sponsors this week:



Bugaboo
Winner’s Choice of 7 Digis



Hope Jacare
Winner’s Choice of 3 Images


Stamping Boutique
Winner's Choice of 5 Digis

13 comments:

Miranda said...

fab card Ren Yi, so cute
love that green with purple and the sentiment
hugs
Miranda

Denise said...

Great card Ren-Yi - love the water coloured look and the sentiment is lovely.
Hugs
Denise xx

WencheP said...

Fabulous card, I looooove the sentiment!

Hugs,
Wenche

Unknown said...

Your card is too cute! Great job!

babar said...

After watching the card i must say you have the caliper to making wonderful cards of different designs.
plastic discount card
PVC cards

Mary Jo said...

You did an amazing job achieving a water color look with inks! Your card is lovely and the sentiment is wonderful!

Frances said...

So cute! love the sentiment. hugs, Frances.

Marcy said...

Love the water color look! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love your card Ren-Yi!!! And the sentiment is perfect. Great job!! Hugs and kisses, Joan

Unknown said...

Love this look - it's like little worlds

Unknown said...

Love this look - it's like little worlds

Naomi said...

Such a sweet card! I love the purple and green colour combo and your colouring of the image is FABULOUS!

Lena B E said...

Such a beautiful card, I love it! :) Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. :)
Have a nice evening.
Hugs Lena

Related Posts with Thumbnails