Thursday, October 27, 2011

[DYSU] Challenge #43 - Halloween

I am in my catch-up modus this week. The whole business trip to Germany causes two things: me to work all my cards ahead, me to catch up on all my other obligations and forgetting that a week has whisked by. Anyways, it's a beautiful October, and every kid's favorite month of the year, because they get to dress up and trick & treat for candy. It's only natural that DYSU is celebrating with our theme of Halloween. What was your favorite Halloween and what did you dress up as?


This week I have free-reign in picking whatever I wanted to play with. *grin* So you know which favorite stamps I'm going to whip out, right? And you know Claire makes great stamps for Halloween and Christmas!

Boo!
Stamps: (Midnight Feast; Halloween Party) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Preppie Pack) Bazzill Basics Paper; (Paper Basics Card Stock - True Black) Papertrey Ink; (Gift card) Recycled
Ink: (Versamark; Memento - Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Zing! - White) American Crafts; (Nestabilities - Small Classic Circles) Spellbinders; (Drippy Goo Edge Punch) Martha Stewart


I even snuck in a recycling component. The paper quality of this gift card holder that I received is amazing, and I knew I would have a chance to incorporate it. One trim and one "drippy goo edge punch" session later... I have a nice panel for my card.

Gift Card Holder

Here an unclose look on the fun bats and the great white stripe from the gift card. I like how it anchors the "Boo" embossed label down so well.

Boo!

So here is hoping that you already have your Halloween plans set. I guess this is an appropriate place to confess that I have no favorite Halloween story or dress-up to share with you. When I moved to the US I never dressed up to trick or treat; instead I was the good older sis that stayed home to hand out candy, while my brother went to beg for loot. But he always split his spoils with me :) I have been trying to catch up on my neglected Halloween festivities by carving up some pumpkins...I have two carving sessions under my belt. If I get around I'll post them up on Oct 31 to share :)

Anyways, enough with the pumpkins. Go hop along and see what the other girls on the DYSU blog have whipped up to "scare" you. Play along and who knows, you might be in the lucky Top 3.

Our sponsors this week:

Prairie Fairy
$15 Gift Certificate


Sassy Cheryl
$5 Gift Certificate

Sitchy Bear
$10 Gift Voucher for Stitchy Stamps, Gingerloft, or Reeces

8 comments:

Miranda said...

awesome card Ren Yi, love all the bats and the blooddripping
looks COOL
hugs
Miranda

WencheP said...

I love it! It totally looks halloween and the bats and the blood just looks so cool! Fabulous card.

Hugs,
Wenche

Denise said...

Fab card - love all the bats and the dripping blood looks awesome. Great recycling too!!
Hugs
Denise xx

Marcy said...

Wonderful Ren-Yi. Great card engineering. You are also a super big sister!! HAHA

Frances said...

Great card, Ren-Yi, love the embossed BOO! hugs, Frances.

Unknown said...

WOW!! Great card!! I really love the background. Besitos,
Joan

Mary Jo said...

I love this card! I can't believe you got this card with recycled paper! Amazing!

Unknown said...

That is such a great effect - scary!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails