Sunday, October 16, 2011

[Music Saves My Soul] Robyn - Hang With Me


Yay, Marcea put up the link to her Music Saves the Soul list. So glad she's back in full swing, cause I really missed her!

I had a fantastic Saturday, but don't have enough time to justly report on why it was so a.m.a.z.i.n.g. More later when I settled into my "work-hotel-more work-catch up on blog" routine. In the meantime...



This inspiration is something I stumbled across while watching (dare I admit?) Gossip Girl. I watch all kinds of shows while crafting, ironing or laundry, and I guess that's why I tend to pay more attention to the music, rather than the crazy plots. When I heard this, my ears perked up. I do like the acoustic version better, but who knows, maybe I will share the other one later. Maybe it just needs to grow on me :)

Well - I need to get my packing list going, and work off my (chores & crafting) to-do list. I'm back on a plane on Monday night...this time it's Germany.


4 comments:

Denise said...

Hi Ren-Yi
Wow - you are a busy lady!!
I joined Marcea's Music Saves My Soul for the first time this week. Love your song choice - TFS
Hugs
Denise xx

Cheryl said...

Great song! I love the acoustic version. TFS!

Marcea said...

I do like her voice - she is quite quirky but I do like her. Great choice hun xxx
ps ... great to be back x

Roberts said...

Tracing the history of New Orleans musical traditions, the event will be a celebration as well as an education. With Trombone Shorty as Musical Director, the show promises to be replete with historic collaborations and remarkable performances. What better place to celebrate the "City that care forgot" than in the "City that never sleeps"? The program should be as gratifying as a plate of red beans and rice on Sunday, with redhot crackerjack trombone/trumpet player Troy Andrews at the helm keeping it lively and real. Trills, though effortless with valves, are difficult on the slide trombone and are easiest between a second or third found on the same or between adjacent harmonic series and most convincing above the first octave and a half of the tenor's range. 1604-Mainz, Germany: A Te Deum is performed in celebration of a coronation. Alternating verses are played by the civic wind band of cornetts and trombones and a trumpet and timpani ensemble (Whitwell, Baroque 206).

Related Posts with Thumbnails