Friday, October 28, 2011

[Scrap Our Stash] October Challenge - Favorite Quote

This month at our Scrap Our Stash's October Challenge we are creating something with our favorite Quote.

This quote is from one of my beloved and first Waltzingmouse Stamp sets called "Afternoon Tea Sentiments."


Women Are Like Teabags...
Stamps: (Afternoon Tea Sentiments) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Fine Linen, Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink; (Portrait Collection) Crate Paper; (Wisteria) Basic Grey
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin - No. 11 Brown Sugar; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen) Ranger
Embellishments: (Sewing Thread - White) Gütermann; (Designer Brads - Claire) SEI; (Artists' Color Acrylic Series 1 - Titanium White) Utrecht; (1" Circle Punch) EK Success


Here an closer look at the sentiment. The quote is framed with a scored frame and a cute little brad as an accent. In addition the vintage cream card stock has been distressed with my favorite ink Antique Linen.

Women Are Like Teabags...

This is my first time using acrylic paints. I picked some up when I was last in New York City at an Utrecht. I did not like how stark the white is, so I dabbed some Antique Linen onto the dried paint to bring down the white. But I do like this look quite a lot and will be repeating this technique...

Women Are Like Teabags...

Check out the Scrap Our Stash's October Challenge. You have until the end of the month to finish up something with your favorite quote, so don't forget to enter!

11 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

I love the paint you used on the card. And what a great sentiment, I like how you framed it with score lines.

WencheP said...

I love your card - so elegant and I really like the sentiment!

Hugs,
Wenche

babar said...

I totally agree with the quote you written on your card plus attractive color scheme.
loyalty card printing
PVC cards

~amy~ said...

this is one fabulous card...one of my favorite quotes.

Janna Werner said...

Oh lol fun sentiment! Ach, ich kann ja deutsch schreiben ;) Die Karte sieht toll aus, Ren-Yi, cas und elegant, toll! Hab ein wunderbares Wochenende! Ganz viele liebe Grüße Janna

Lee said...

Such an elegant card. Great quote.

Jan Garber said...

WOW, love this card! And so nice to see other Waltzing Mouse fans out there! I wish it weren't so crazy with the money exchange rate and the shipping! I could go nuts! I DO hope your schedule has slowed down a bit. I don't know how you gals who work do it all!

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous card and what a powerful verse! Hugs, Karen

F.T said...

Very lovely concept, I like the message over it.

Membership card printing
clear business cards

Trinh said...

This is beautiful and I love the sentiment!

Unknown said...

love that sentiment!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails