Thursday, July 26, 2012

[DYSU] Challenge #82 - For a Friend

Good morning! This week at DYSU we're bringing you a theme that is near & dear to my heart...it's always a nice excuse to say hello & how much a friend or someone in the family means to you. We don't have enough opportunities to tell our loved ones how much they do mean to us...

So this week we're bringing you a theme: For a Friend. So let's get crafty, shall we?



I'm working with a new sponsor Floppy Latte Designs, and I really like how they have all kinds of images, from whimsy to serious, from sweet to elegant. Check their store out!

Friends
Stamps: (Country Hearts) Floppy Latte Designs
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Smokey Shadow) Papertrey In
k; (For the Record by Bella Road) Echo Park
Ink: (Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Antique Linen) Ranger
Embellishments: (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (For the Record Alpha Stickers) Echo Park; (Jute Button Twine) Papertrey Ink; (Point 88) Stabilo


I must have still been on my red, black, and vintage cream color scheme, because it's just a small deviation from last week's card. Here is an up-close look of the image. I wanted the polka dotted heart to match with the pattern paper, so I took my color scheme as a queue.

Friends

I decided to sponge on some Antique Linen because the white was too stark. And before you know it, I had some twine. I really wanted to go find a wooden button, but I was running a little bit short on time, so this will have to do. But yes, a wooden button would have given this a little more pizzazz.

Friends

Anyways, hope you like it anyways! Check out the other girls's creations and remember to leave them some love :)...And don't forget to enter our challenge!
Our sponsors this week:


* Winner's Choice of 3 Digis

* $10 Gift Certificate

* $10 Gift Certificate

6 comments:

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a lovely card. Perfect for Valentines too x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, I love that teensy heart border! So cute!

Unknown said...

lovely big bold look

Unknown said...

Great card Ren-Yi!! Love all those hearts and the paper piecing. Hugs, Joan

B said...

Adorable!

Neela Nalam said...

Gorgeous card. I love the linen effect and the twine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails