Thursday, December 6, 2012

[Paperplay Challenges] Week No. 49 - Christmas is Coming

Note: If you are looking for DYSU Challenge - please keep scrolling :)

Hi there! At Paperplay, the theme says it all Christmas Is Coming. Oh yes, it is! With Week 49, it's all just too real. I haven't started my christmas mailing, not everyone on my list for presents have been accounted for, and we're dashing off extremely early for Germany and the UK this year. 

Thank goodness I don't have a picture of my face panicking. Let's instead share some things we did get done. We have bought our christmas tree, and put it up. And here is a picture of our first wreath that we made ourselves. I'm not sure if you guys have this tradition, but in Germany we celebrate advents. And every Sunday starting with the first on in December, we light a new candle. Since we haven't hit the second Sunday yet, the first one keeps going...

Second Advent, I'm ready for you! #redemptionfromnakedwreath #firstwreath

See that awesome ribbon? All those bow-tying for cards has finally paid off...All accessories on the wreath we found at Michael's. I only had a color scheme in mind. Everything just kind of fell into the basket...Don't you love those kinds of shopping trips?

Anyways, for this challenge I decided to use my Neat & Tangled Stamps. I really love this Naughty, Nice, Undecided checklist...

Nice
Stamps: (Santa's Notes) Neat & Tangled Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink; (Snow Day Collection) Crate Paper
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin - No. 11 Brown Sugar, No. 3 Chili Powder) Ranger
Embellishments: (Nestabilities Labels Eighteen) Spellbinders; (Point 88) Stabilo


No coloring...just lots of stamping and cutting of paper. The tree is actually from a pattern paper. I actually cut up good 6x6 pattern paper to get to this tree. Still have to shake off that guilty feeling for cutting into it. Does anyone else suffer from this? i know...#notreallycraftingproblems ;)

The best of this stamp set, is this cute little "stamp of approval" stamp. Signed with the intials "NP" for North Pole...no, it doesn't stand for Non-polynomial, such as NP-complete, NP-incomplete. Move on, you nerd! ;)

Nice

That's all I have for you...Now head over to see how the rest of the PPC girls girls are welcoming in the season...They will absolutely knock your stockings off...! Hope you will be playing along with us this week...!

Our sponsor this week:

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

I'm pretty sure I have the same panicking face...especially when you note that we're into week 49...

love your handmade wreath...it's so pretty! gotta love that delish ribbon!

Your card is adorable...The N&T stamps are soooo fun and the Crate collection is my all time fav!

Pauline said...

Fab card, I love the cute label stamp, and the fun design!
Love your beautiful wreath too, it looks so festive!

Helen Berry said...

Oh wow, the Advent wreath is beautiful and so is that gorgeous ribbon!! Your card is lovely - I really like the look of these stamps. They are completely new to me but look lots of fun :)

Anonymous said...

I love the stamp, very nicely done Ren Yi
Hugs Julie P

Anonymous said...

I haven't dropped by your blog for ages and now I'm wondering why not, as always your work is SO inspirational. I like to think I'm on the nice list but seriously doubt it ;D

Related Posts with Thumbnails