Thursday, January 10, 2013

[Uniko Studio] Design Team Blog Hop - Extra Time Revisited

Good morning, everyone! I can't believe we're already on Day 11 of the new year. Since arriving home I had all these to-do's and I have been meaning to stop by this blog space to wish everyone a happy new year. Instead I am still trying to figure out New Year cards with Florian and they still haven't been shipped off to the print shop. Go figure... It's only Month One and I already feel behind...anyone else out there?

But I'm here to start today's post with some brilliant news. Yours truly have been inducted into the ::drum roll:: ...Uniko Studio Design Team. Yep - a full teamie that will be showcasing you everything from clear stamps down to the digi sets. So this is going to be an exciting year for me as well as for Uniko Studio. I think I'm still pinching myself over Bev's decision (which she had told me over Christmas break) since I will be designing along side a bunch of talented girls, some of which are Moxie Fabbers, Paper Idol Finalist...as you see I feel quite overwhelmed by this privilege.

Today we're here on a blog hop to revisit an oldie but goodie stamp set called "Extra Time" - ahh the irony that I feel like I'm already behind, and Bev chose this stamp set! You'll be nearing the end of the line of eye candy and should be hopping over from Nicki. If not, feel free to start at the beginning

My ode to time look like this: sticking with basic neutral colors, this card could be for any recipient - boy, girl, older or younger.

It's been too Long!
Stamps: (Extra Time) Uniko Studio
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Vintage Cream, Kraft) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Memento - Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Decorative Paper Tape - Numbers) Cavallini & Co; (Tim Holtz Idea-ology Decorative Tissue Tape - Sketchbook) Ranger; (Nestabilities - Standard Circles Small) Spellbinders; (1 1/2" Circle Punch) Marvy Uchida; (Metals - Circle Sticker) Mark Richards; (Acetate)


I added a bit of washi down as a layer to anchor my many clocks as a starting point. Then I stamped out the different face styles and then cut out the clocks with my nestabilities. The larger clocks fit perfectly into one of the metal frames. The smaller clocks are actually identical sizes to the larger ones, but I wanted to have varying circles in diameter. It breaks up the monotony. This is where my 1 1/2" circle punch came in super handy to make a smaller clock face.

It's been too Long!

In case you're wondering if the center clock looks a little shiny...I added a layer of clear acetate to make it a little extra special. I also popped a metal circle sticked onto the center and cut out some hands to finish it off. So this center face (which I popped onto some foam adhesives) has a few layers for some interest.

It's been too Long!

Hope you feel inspired to get your crafting up and going again. And if I remember correctly, Bev is going to draw a winner to win this stamp set from among the blog hop, so remember to comment along the way. In the meantime, I'm sending you off to our last stop Stacey.

Here the whole list for easy navigation ...
I hope you like what you're seeing. Until next time...(see what I did there? har dee har har ... )

13 comments:

Beverley said...

Happy DT promotion! You've done me proud & I knew you would! LOVE the combination of Washi tape & the clock faces. Such a 'timeless' colour scheme which makes me smile! Eeeek! I'm excited much about 2013! Hugs Bev x

Anonymous said...

Great job. Thanks for the tip with the acetate.

A Consuming Passion said...

Oooh and I thought you fussy cut all these circles......Thanks goodness for circle punches!
Great card, love the off the page placement.

Unknown said...

Well done on your promotion Ren-Yi. Absolutely love what you've done with this card - it's stunning.

Karen x

Gayatri said...

Congrats on your DT promotion, Ren-Yi! Your card is awesome. Love the embossed layered clocks. Great card!

Stacey Schafer said...

way cool, Ren-Yi! love it!

Pauline said...

This is fabulous Ren-Yi, I love the neutral tones, and that fun washi tape!

i'm with the band said...

This is soooo awesome! I love it!

Deborah Frings said...

Congratulations to you! Love, love this card - the varying clock faces, the scripty background - just love it!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great design! Love all the clocks and how you used the washi!

Unknown said...

Fabulous Ren-Yi! Love the Washi Tape with the clocks. Really lovely. Kx

Nicki S said...

Wow, this card is stunning, Ren-Yi! I absolutely LOVE the layout, and the color combo is a great choice. Superb work!

Annheidel said...

Congratulations! I love the black on kraft clock faces.

Related Posts with Thumbnails