Thursday, April 11, 2013

[Uniko Studio] April 2013 Release

Hello Uniko friends! We have finally arrived on full reveal & release day. Are you ready? If so, grab a cuppa because it's going to be a long post. Make it to the end to get a piece of fabby news.

If you came from Nicki's blog then you're ? You know the drill by now. If not, then start at Bev's blog to not make sure you don't miss out on all the inspiration.

Let's quickly review what is in our April release, which YOU could be so lucky to win in it's entirety. Ready?

One die set: Bright Butterflies Die - the premiere of the Uniko Studio Designer Dies. I hope there are more to come in future! It includes three butterflies - in different shapes and sizes.




Four clear stamp sets: All Occasion Sentiments #1, Power Flower #1, Background Builders: Round in Circles, and Pure Florals: Chrysanthemums




Three digital paper collections: On the Grid DigitalRound in Circles, Pure Florals: Chrysanthemums



All divine matching things! I have a final project for you today. It uses a combination of All Occasion Sentiments #1 and Background Builders: Round in Circles.

Congratulations
Stamps: (All Occasion Sentiments #1, Background Builders: Round in Circles) Uniko Studio
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - White) Papertrey Ink; (Emma's Shoppe Collection) Crate Paper
Ink: (Versamark) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Stamp 'n Stuff Embossing Powder - Opaque White) Stampendous!, (Crate Paper Collection - Layered Chipboard, Border Stickers) Crate Paper; (Gelly Roll - White) Sakura; (Liquid Applique) Marvy Uchida


So this card started with no real plan, except that I wanted to use the Background Builders. That set of stringy dots are quite intriguing and looking at it horizontally it reminds me of notes on music sheet. I know there are 6 lines on my card, but let's just give me the creative license card here... ;) 

I heat embossed them with white on some pattern paper. This is me trying to be more bold and add patterns onto pattern paper. I also wanted to include the gorgeous "Congratulations" sentiment onto my card. I tried first stamping it in Fresh Snow pigment ink, which did little. Then I tried to trace over it with my White Sakura gel pen, which left me less than impressed. It hardly stood out. In desperation I pulled out my white puffy paint, because I wanted a different texture from the white embossed circles. So, ladies & gents, there you have my wild child creation.

Congratulations

This just goes to show that sometimes things just don't go according to plans. Roll with the ... puffy paint? I haven't decided if I like this card or not. But in the meantime, you should hop over to Stacey's blog.

Don't forget to comment along the way, because Bev is drawing one lucky reader to win the entire release! And now to my big news, Bev is offering free world-wide shipping for orders over £50 (this roughly translates to USD 76, CAD 78, EUR 59).

And if you need the entire blog hop list, check below. Otherwise, I hope you enjoyed the last few days of posts...

Here the whole list for easy navigation ...
It's been great having Taheera onboard. I can't wait to see who our next GDT is. Have a fabulous week and have a fun shopping spree! Let me know what Uniko Stamps you get and don't forget to post your creations onto our Flickr Group. Toodles.

20 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

An amazing release thanks for all the inspiration!

Bev Karolak said...

Lots of great stamp sets & papers to choose from!

Marlou McAlees said...

fabulous card!! love it, thanks for sharing ♥

Anonymous said...

Great card. Thanks.

Gillian R said...

Another fab card, thank you for the inspiration this week

Pauline said...

Gorgeous design, I love the puffy paint job!

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty!

Karen Day said...

What a fun card - the puffy paint is such a great touch :o)

Miriam Prantner said...

So much great texture on the sentiment, love it!

Sabrina said...

Great card and great release!

JW said...

Love this, especially the texture! Jill x

Unknown said...

i think you should get on board the 'love this card' train Ren-Yi. it's fabulous! there would be a puffy paint disaster if i tried to trace the sentiment, but you did it perfectly. awesome effect!

i'm with the band said...

Very nice! LOVe your embossing!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow great job with the puffy paint! Really makes the sentiment stand out! Awesome!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so pretty! I love the puffy paint on here, so fun!!!

Loly Borda said...

Love the bold sentiment!Beautiful card. TFS

Smilie girl said...

How great is that background builder? TFS.

Lillian Child said...

Love the "dimension" on your card creation!

Machin Stamps said...

Wonderful! Love all your Uniko designs...

Nicki S said...

Very pretty card! I love the BB circles going horizontally with the sentiment above it! Great flower too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails